04 March 2011

Generations Wave 7 and D-98 Sixshot

I initially didn't intend to, but on Thursday night (ie: yesterday) I went with Ultra Magnus from the OZ Formers forums to YMT and Mong Kok to grab the just-released-that-day Generations Wave 7 (consisting of Thundercracker, Wheeljack, Kup and Scourge).

The shop we went to was only selling the Wave as a set, for HKD$499. I looked the Wave over and was ambivalent. Should I get it? I already have 3 Scourges (at that point), Kup and a Henkei Thundercracker. The only one I don't have (yet) is Wheeljack, which I have pre-ordered for United. In the end, I though, 'nah'.

Ultra Magnus bought a set and sold me his Scourge - #4 in my rising Sweep army. He had to leave pretty soon after that, so I went alone to Richmond Centre thinking of grabbing a "Henkei" Sunstorm, which I previously saw, to complete my seekers. I was a little undecided because the asking price I saw was HKD$168, which I thought was too much to pay for a KO. To my delight, they've actually dropped the price to HKD$120. Okay, got me convinced. I'll get it.

I then went to the second floor of Richmond Centre. To this shop I frequent, occasionally (okay, oxymoron). They tend to have the occasional vintage G1 MIB figure. Today, I saw..... D-98: Sixshot MIB. Wow. In times where even the reissue is rare, seeing a vintage Sixshot, MIB, in good condition was like seeing the mythical 'golden goose' (okay, I don't know why I saw that other than because I have been re-reading Bill Willingham's Fables recently and the golden goose is what Bigby uses to fund his espionage operations). 

I opened it up to check and boy was it minty. Looked like it had never been transformed. All paperworks were there and the stickers were unapplied. Actually, its bio card was missing. But guess what, I happen to have a Sixshot bio card in this large paperworks lot I acquired last year! Hurrah to good planning, ya?

Friday:
For some reason, I woke up this morning convinced that I should get Wave 7 of Generations. Why? I don't know. I just wanted to get Wheeljack. Hrumph. What silliness is this.

Went to the shops again. Got Wave 7 and on the way, picked up another 3 Scourges (no one wants them this time round).

Yesterday and today's acquisitions in one photo


Transformers Generations Wave 7 and lots of Scourges (my Sweeps)

The very sweet, D-98: Sixshot MIB...

... pure vintage goodness, not reissue

My Sweep army (all Scourges released from packaging)

The "real" Scourge is the one holding the Japanese exclusive Fracas. Can you spot him?

5 comments:

  1. And here I was excited to find my 2nd Scourge recently! You planning on getting the United version to be your 'official' Scourge? I plan to assuming the budget allows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Colbey, I do indeed plan on getting the United version of Scourge. I have pre-order one in HK and another one from SG through a buddy. I initially planned to have my entire Sweep army consist of United Scourges, but after seeing the pics, I was not very impressed, so decided to built the army using the Generations Scourge instead. Preliminarily, one United Scourge is going to be the "real" Scourge and the other one is going to be his 'dark twin', holding Fracas (ie: Targetmaster Scourge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT THE?? HOW MANY SWEEPS DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD THE ARMY OF SCOURGES???

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW MANY SCOURGES DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD A SWEEP ARMY????

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh, so far I have 8 Generations Scourges and 2 United Scourges...quite a sizable army!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts