12 November 2010

The Five Faces of Darkness

E wanted to walk around and browse toy shops with me tonight. We went to Yau Ma Tei and then to Mong Kok. In one of the shops, I saw a guy selling QUINT-01, the Judge Quintesson which I missed out on getting some years ago. I inquired as to price and he said that he was actually selling all 4 Quintessons released by Impossible Toys as a set!

The asking price is reasonable, but not cheap. So E and I went away and had to think about it. I'm quite interested in this set because I'm so near into completing the Henkei-verse and these will fit right in with that more so than with the G1 figures. Also, the boxes for these guys are very G1-ish and nice.

Bought the set of 4 in the end:
  • QUINT-01: Judge (as seen in TFTM and Five Faces of Darkness and other G1 episodes)
  • QUINT-02: Scientist (as seen in Dwellers of the Deep)
  • QUINT-03: Prosecutor (as seen in TFTM)
  • QUINT-04: Executioner (as seen in TFTM and is the model for the Quintesson generals in Marvel UK's "Space Pirates").


On opening them up, I discovered that the quality of the figures are not so great compared with other fan customs (eg: FansProject), but it still is a nice set in any battleground of the Henkei-verse!

2 comments:

  1. I got Quints 1 through 3, and I was actually impressed with the quality. But maybe I'm not very picky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 01 to 03 are ok. 04 is the one that I think could really have been done better. I mean, from the box art I was expecting something like General Genrik from Space Pirates but got something more like the fat alligator like guys that captured Hot Rod and Kup in TFTM...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts